* Individual Assignment:
You need to answer all questions of a case related to Globalization as your individual assignment.
Your submission should reflect a deep understanding of the case. The case will be announced through blackboard in Week 2.
Make sure that you need to write a paper about 3 to 4 pages (except for the cover and references) and submit it to blackboard by 11/27 at 8:00pm.
Format your paper according to APA style. Use doublespacing, Times New Roman, 12-point font with a 1-inch margin.
Keep in mind that submission that are merely your opinion will result in a failing grade. The following criteria will be used to evaluate your individual assignment.
1. Content (30 %) ✓ Has strong ideas that are related to the assignment topic. ✓ Evaluates cases objectively.
2. Structure (40 %) ✓ Has a clear, logical organization with well-developed major points. ✓ Uses effective transitions.
3. Style (30 %) ✓ Uses appropriate words and/or table & figures. ✓ Is free of grammatical and spelling errors. ✓ Follows the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA).
*Citations & References (APA style) FYI, this is an example of citations and references according to the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association-APA-(6th ed.) (http://supp.apa.org/style/PM6E-Corrected-Sample-Papers.pdf). Students should follow the APA format for their writing assignments. To schedule an appointment with a Writing Center consultant regarding APA style, please visit govst.mywconline.com or call the Student Success Commons at 708-534-4090. For more detail, click
Required Textbook: Hill, Charles W.L. & Tomas M. Hunt (2019). Global Business Today, 11 th Edition
CASE: Globalization of BMW, Rolls-Royce, and the MINI
- How do you think BMW integrates its various unique brands into a global effort that works for them (BMW, Rolls-Royce, and the MINI) across the world’s many global markets?
- What is your reaction to the global brand of BMW when you hear the name, think of the brand, and see the BMW vehicles on the road?
- The Rolls-Royce chase of perfection drives the supreme quality, exquisite hand craftsmanship, and attention to the finest detail to maintain its global position as the pinnacle luxury automobile manufacturer in the world. How do you think the Rolls-Royce brand helps, or hurts, the other BMW brands globally (BMW, the MINI)?
- The MINI is a unique car offering in the BMW portfolio. It has long-standing attention to clever solutions with distinctive designs that unlock urban driving and cater to customers’ individual needs—at least that is what the target focus is for the MINI. Do you agree that this is the focus, and do you think it is working as advertised globally?