You are working in the research unit of a foundation that awards grants to criminal justice agencies. The foundation is interested in promoting inter-agency collaboration to address specific issues in criminal justice. As part of the announcement of the availability of grant funds for this initiative you have been asked to provide a review of an recent (within the past 10 years) case depicting inter-agency collaboration and cooperation as factors in a criminal justice-related case outcome. Your supervisor has outlined your work assignment as follows:
1. Search for a criminal justice website that is a repository for scholarly research to include case studies about collaborative efforts to resolve crime issues in a community. Website examples include (but not limited to):
Collaborative Justice (http://www.collaborativejustice.org/resources/cjresources.htm)
The Center for Effective Public Policy (http://www.collaborativejustice.org/resources/cjresources.htm)
National Institute of Corrections (https://nicic.gov/)
Crime Solutions (https://www.crimesolutions.gov/)
Center for Court Innovation (http://www.courtinnovation.org/)
Center for Evidence-Based Crime Policy (http://cebcp.org/evidence-based-policing/current-projects/)
2. Find a detailed overview of a case study that utilized collaborative community and criminal
justice resources to deal with a crime issue in that community.
3. Respond to the following questions:
- Describe the collaborative initiative- location, date, what are the issues, who was involved with the solution?
- What solutions were proposed? Be detailed-
- What were the results? Be detailed-
- What partner do you feel was most impactful to the solution?
- What partner do you feel was least impactful to the solution?
- How could the outcome of the collaboration been improved?
- Paper must be double spaced, 11 or 12 pt font and 1” margins all around.
- All APA 7th edition format requirements must be followed (cover page, in text citations, reference page). Refer to APA/UMGC – learning resources found in the content page of this course.
- You must have resources to support your thoughts/opinions/information. These must be cited both in text as well as at the end of the document. Your paper should not contain direct quotes, sourced material must be paraphrased.