We are learning about employment law in this course, but we also need discussion what it means to incorporate and live within an inclusive and diverse environment.
1) Watch the media clip, “How to get serious about diversity and inclusion in the workplace,” by Janet Stovall, of UPS.
2) Read Harvard Business Review article: Are your D & I efforts helping employees feel like they belong?
by Michael Slepian (August 19, 2020). Note, this article is attached for your convenience, but is also available through the UM Library.
400 word minimum.
2) In your own words, what does it mean to create an inclusive environment?
3) From both sources, please discuss specifically and substantively a minimum of two points learned from reading and viewing these two sources.
4) How can organizations truly create an inclusive environment where everyone feels welcome and valued? Feel free to share any experience where either you have felt included (or not), or you have witnessed leadership in that organization creating an inclusive work environment (or not). What is an example of a specific step that you can take to ensure an inclusive environment?
When answering, please refrain from politicizing any response by taking an objective approach. Also, Be mindful, respectful, and thoughtful in your response.