Go to https://excellentwritershub.com/order to get your paper done.
Excellent writers Hub will write your paper
What types of challenges might public health professionals face when working in the area of global health? It is crucial for public health professionals to have cultural competence when communicating public health content. The ethical values established and practiced by a population in one country may differ from the ethical values taught and demonstrated by a public health professional from another country. An ethical dilemma may emerge when ethical values appear to be at odds or when a situation presents challenges to how one might apply ethical values to reach a beneficial solution. Thus, determining how you might approach an ethical dilemma will depend on your own ethical values as well as any ethical values set forth by your professional role, the country in which you may work, or the population that you are helping to serve.
For this Assignment, you will receive a scenario from your instructor where you will examine an ethical dilemma situation in two different regions. If you do not receive a scenario by day 1, be sure to ask your instructor.
To Prepare: Consider the ethical dilemma in the scenario you were given by the instructor and reflect on how you might apply the principles of global health ethics to address this dilemma. Think about how the principles of global health ethics may vary between these regions and reflect on how the principles of global health ethics may contribute to positive social change.
Write a 5-8-page paper addressing the following items:
- A title page, in APA format, to include your name, date, course and section, and title
- Section headers, in APA format, for each section below:
- Provide a supported overview of how ethics relates to global health. Include an analysis of the ethical dimensions of research, interventions, and policies that apply to the global health environment
- Analyze the particular ethical dilemma presented in the scenario you were given. What are the specific ethical considerations for a public health professional who is working in this situation in each of the two regions? Use specific examples of research, data handling, interventions, and policies to support your answer. Compare and contrast-how are the ethical dimensions the same and how do they differ?
- Describe the importance of cultural competence in this scenario. Explain how to address the ethical dilemma in each of the two regions, using principles of global health ethics, and support your answer. What are the opportunities, challenges, and barriers a public health professional may encounter in this scenario in each of these regions?
- Explain how applying the principles of global health ethics contributes to positive social change in each of the two regions, and why. Be specific and provide examples.