Go to https://excellentwritershub.com/order to get your paper done.
Excellent writers Hub will write your paper
Week 6: Intervention—Part 2
- Analyze potential challenges for intervention in field education experience
- Analyze personal action plans for intervention in field education experience
- Analyze intervention in relation to social work practice
- Apply social work practice skills
Note: To access this week’s required library resources, please click on the link to the Course Readings List, found in the Course Materials section of your Syllabus.
Birkenmaier, J., & Berg-Weger, M. (2018). The practicum companion for social work: Integrating class and fieldwork (4th ed.). New York, NY: Pearson.
- Chapter 7, “Social Work Practice in the Field: Working with Groups” (pp. 156-185)
Assignment 2: Application: Process Recordings
A process recording is a written tool field education experience students, field instructors, and faculty use to examine the dynamics of social work interactions in time. Process recordings can help in developing and refining interviewing and intervention skills. By conceptualizing and organizing ongoing activities with social work clients, you are able to clarify the purpose of interviews and interventions, identify personal and professional strengths and weaknesses, and improve self-awareness. The process recording is also a useful tool in exploring the interpersonal dynamics and values operating between you and the client system through an analysis of filtering the process used in recording a session.
For this Assignment, you will submit a process recording of your field education experiences specific to this week.
The Assignment (3 pages):
- Provide a transcript of what happened during your field education experience, including a dialogue of interaction with a client. Dialogue is with a Client who has the Substance Use Disorder of Alcohol, Methamphetamines, and Marijuana; client uses alcohol and marijuana to fall to sleep at night. Client has the Mental Health conditions of Anxiety, Depression and PTSD.
- Explain your interpretation of what occurred in the dialogue, including social work practice or theories, and explain how it might relate to intervention covered this week.
- Describe your reactions and/or any issues related to your interaction with a client during your field education experience.
- Explain how you applied social work practice skills when performing the activities during your process recording.