STRATEGIC COMMUNICATION – Final Project
For your Final Project you are to work and research a company/organization. You will examine different ways in which that company/organization incorporates at least two (2) aspects of Strategic Communication.
For this project you will produce an 10-12 page report in which you examine and discuss the following:
- Introduction and Research Methods – Indicate the company/organization you chose for this project, why you chose it, and describe your research methods.
- Research methods must be described & explained completely (see guidelines below for research methods)
- Describe each article
- Provide the full citation for each article before discussing summary
- Provide a complete summary of each article
- Explain the relevance of these articles to your Strategic Communication Topic
- Each article should be explained in approximately 1 page
- Describe your interview (if you had one)
- Indicate the name/URL of the web site for the company/organization
- Indicate the Social Media pages you reviewed
- Company History – provide background information about the company/organization, such as how long they have been in existence, where they are located, are they a global company and if so, in what countries are they located, what they started out doing, what they do now, etc.. (1-2 pages)
- Two (2) Strategic Communication Topics – Identify the two (2) Strategic Communication Topics you are applying to your company/organization.
- Provide a definition/explanation for each topic
- Provide examples of each topic as they apply to your company/organization
- Examples should come from your research methods – articles, website/social media analysis, and interviews (if any).
- (4-5 pages)
- Web Site/Social Media Analysis – Describe additional information that you found interesting from the company/organization’s web site and social media pages
- Information here does not need to pertain to the two (2) SCTs you discussed above
- Information/examples here should give us an overall picture of your company/organization
- (1-2 pages)
- What You Learned – Describe what you learned as a result of completing this project (1 page)
To complete this project you will need to employ the following Research Methods:
- 3-4 news articles – You will need to find 3-4 news articles that pertain to your company/organization. Final project folder must include copies of these articles.
- Articles should provide some information/evidence of your company/organization using/enacting at least one of the Strategic Communication Topics you are researching
- At least 1 of the articles should be current (within the last year).
- Interview – If you are able to interview/talk with someone at the company/organization, please do so and document your work
- You may interview in person, via Skype, or telephone, or via e-mail if necessary
- You will not be penalized if you are unable to secure an interview for this project
- Web Site and Social Media analysis – You need to conduct a content analysis of the organization’s web site and social media pages in order to obtain information related to your report.
: Project should contain the following:
- Paper submitted via Blackboard link
- Should have a title page, reference page, & headings within paper (to delineate the major sections of the paper – see assignment guidelines)
- All articles and sources – included at the end of the paper
Guidelines for Completing this Project
- The organization and structure of your paper should follow the same format as the analysis (described above)
- Provide relevant headings to delineate sections of your paper
- Paper should be 10-12 pages in length
- Paper should be submitted via Blackboard link
- Presentation should be organized in the same format as your paper
- Presentation should be 9-12 minutes in length
Strategic Communication Topics
Social media marketing
Electronically mediated communication